Tuesday, October 11, 2005

It's nice to have a tiny corner of the 'Net where I'm not known to anyone -- not even to my circle of online pals. Not that I don't love my online pals, because I do. But sometimes it's nice to have a room of one's own, so to speak.

I am Bunneh.

You may be asking, "Why 'Bunneh'?"

Well, the first answer is: "Because 'Bunny' is way cuter than I am." And the word (as a name or handle) brings up mental images of perky airheadedness, and while I am seldom perky (but occasionally airheaded), I could not make myself adopt "Bunny" as an online name.

The second answer is, because I was born in the year of the Rabbit. As for which year, that's my business.

What do I do? I write, mostly. I've yet to get paid for it, but I write nonetheless. I'm also taking MBA classes part-time, and for some reason (possibly because I am a free spirit with a creative soul) I'm not enjoying it as much as I thought I would. Ah, well. I shall persevere. And write. Oh, yes -- and read.

What do I write? Whatever strikes my fancy, usually. I have a great deal of fun with literary nonfiction, but fiction is my first love because creativing worlds and people satisfies my God complex. At the moment I'm working seriously (more seriously than I've ever worked for a job at which I got paid) on a novel.

What do I read? Nearly anything I can get my hands on. Austen, Bronte (Emily), Wilde, Sayers, Gaiman, Pratchett... Alice Sebold's The Lovely Bones is lovely, and Kelley Armstrong's Bitten was a great deal of fun as well. I've recently been introduced to Jennifer Crusie's writing, and once I take a breath, I'll probably keep reading her as well. I don't read in one genre; if the writing is good, I'll read.

What should I be doing now? Writing. Err... and laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home